Am I ready? Yes and No. I'm ready to start this new chapter of my life, meet new people, and leave the ugly state that is called Nevada.
But at the same time, I'm not ready... in the literal sense of being ready, I've found that I'm incapable of figuring out what I'll be bringing with me! Of course, clothing, shoes, passport, Kindle, laptop, and pitch pipe are the first things that come to mind, but shouldn't I be stocking up on Sour Patch Kids (my favorite candy!)? What about my Colloquial Swedish book? And how about that Johann Sebastian Bach action figure?! Who knows when these things might come in handy! I suppose there's no reason to worry about it now... I've still got FOUR WEEKS to go!
On a semi-random note, tomorrow marks the first time that I am not going back to school on the "First Day of School". It feels a little weird, like I really should be getting ready and that I really want to be in school, but at the same time I think I'm ready for something new. Besides, I'm learning Swedish, so it's not like I'm completely out of the academic loop! Maybe I just miss the excitement of back-to-school shopping, new textbooks, and a very busy, organized schedule of homework, classes, and work. Hopefully being on the instruction side of a classroom this coming year will keep me just as busy as I would be as a student. On that educational note, some words of wisdom:
Små barn, små bekymmer -- stora barn, stora bekymmer.
Learning Swedish?! That's awesome! Found your blog linked off Cat's blog - I'm an auxiliar headed to Malaga this year! (I'm blogging at http://writinganewstory.blogspot.com/ if you're interested in taking a peek!)
ReplyDelete