Friday, February 18, 2011

Parlo un poco l’italiano.

I speak English, Spanish, a little Swedish, and apparently a little Italian, too! I can get by in Italy. Not a problem! My tricks: I just speak Spanish, change my stress and pronunciation to sound like Pavarotti, and wave my arms around like crazy when I talk. I say this because my most recent excursion was to Florence, Italy.

Florence is a beautiful city and definitely is one of the most fascinating cities I've been to. There is a TON of wonderful art and architecture. Also, the city isn't too big so it's easy to get everywhere by foot (well, except for the airport). Pizza is yummy and so is gelato... oh and the coffee is de puta madre, too! So besides living off of those items for a couple of days, I can now assure you that the following works of art really do exist:

Primavera by Botticelli
The Birth of Venus by Botticelli
David by Michelangelo

And besides that I don't have too much else to say about Florence. If you want to see the pictures I took, look here.

1 comment: