Friday, June 10, 2011

Insomnio

It happens to everyone. It happens to some people more often than to others. I, luckily, only get hit with insomnia about once a year.

And that once a year is tonight. It's 2:30 and I'm incapable of sleeping.

But why? Well, it's that stupid analytical, baritone mind of mine that has gone off in circles once again, thinking of each and every aspect of my life and causing me to be wide awake with a sort of unending stream of consciousness... When written, it would look something like this, except it would be a lot less grammatically correct, and some significant thoughts just can't be put in writing.

It's June 10th. Can there really only be 18 days until I go home? How is that possible? But I can't leave now. My life has been too good here lately. Will I ever see my Spanish friends again? Yeah, of course I will. But when? Will I be able to keep in touch with them, or will it be like when I studied abroad and I'll really only talk to one or two people on a regular basis? Oh, I need to figure out how to transfer euros into dollars. And it would be nice to buy some sort of special souvenir from here. I could be a complete poser and get a Real Madrid jersey. But maybe I should just spend that money on a Giants jersey. They're having an okay season. It's too bad Posey's on the DL. Father's Day is in a week! Yikes! To do list -- must create one. My watch is still dead. I can't believe I only have two more weeks. Why do things in my life time out like this? What am I going to do this summer? I'll probably be in Truckee right away to smell that crisp, pine tree-scented mountain air and go for a nice hike on the trails near Prosser. I can't believe Kellie has been married for a year already! Oh! I should sign up for Netflix again. I haven't watched a movie in ages. I need to catch up on The Office, too. I'm going to miss my barbershop buddies here, but heck, I'll get to see a lot of other barbershop friends in Kansas City. That'll be nice. Why is culture shock worse when I go back to the USA? I mean, it'll be nice to drive a car again, but public transport is just so much more logical. I wonder how much they're going to change the last Harry Potter movie. Maybe I should get an even more intense costume for this one: the last one. Save the best for last? Am I really ready for a Masters program? I wonder how much my Spanish has improved this year. It'll be nice to dry my clothes in a machine. I think I'll start the Tahoe Rim Trail this year. I should find a few hiking buddies to enjoy it with. Hey, now that's a good topic for a blog I could do. Hikes in the Sierra Nevada. I could get a mountain bike and have two ways to explore my homeland. Molaría. I wonder how much a trip to Spain would cost for next January. "Nadie como tú me sabe hacer ... café." Why do I like that song so much? What an inexplicable life I've had these last couple of weeks. Will I ever make sense of this? So happy happy happy, but awkward. I still haven't made it to Paris or Scotland. Maybe that'll be a good excuse to come back sooner than later. I should join a gym when I go home. American food's going to make me so fat this summer. Especially that ballpark food at the Aces games. Hot dogs! Oh my gosh! Why does my rib hurt so much? What did I do?? Oh, I know what I did... this too shall pass -- perhaps. I really need to read more. Why do I have such ADD when it comes to concentration lately? Well... no need to answer that... yawn... maybe I'll try to get to sleep again. Work in the morning, before I have another great weekend with friends! "Forget regret or life is yours to miss...no day but today." Why do these songs suddenly make so much sense? Carpe diem. Tempus fugit. 
Buenas noches.

No comments:

Post a Comment