Monday, July 25, 2011

The Basque Country

The semester before I graduated university, I took an elective class called "Basque Culture." Yes. It is amazing that such a class exists! What is even more fascinating is that my university has the only Basque program in the USA! Go Wolf Pack! Anyway, this class really made me want to visit the Basque Country during my time in Spain. I was fascinated with the culture, the language, and, especially, the food!

Fortunately, I managed to squeeze in a trip to San Sebastian for my penultimate weekend in Spain this June. I know I've procrastinated a lot on this blog entry, but I had a wonderful time with my friend Aileen while we roamed the city, savored the pinxos, and admired the sea from the beach. So, instead of babbling about the little excursion, here are some pictures from my last excursion of the year:

Bocadillo de tortilla de bacalao
(Codfish omelet sandwich)
Pinxos are like tapas... or appetizers,
but you can definitely only each pinxos and call it dinner!
   
Karrakelas are snails. And they are one of the best foods I ate in Spain!
I'm so blessed to have amazing friends who tell me about things like this.

Bay of La Concha -- Blue and beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment